- Danish Title: HAVETS SANG
- English Title: SONG OF THE SEA
- Release: 1993
- Running Time: 27 min.
- Category: Short film / Animation
- Audience: Children 6+
- Language: Danish
- Format: 35mm / 1:1.66 / Stereo
- Director: Jannik Hastrup
- Screenplay: Bent Haller
- Composer: Palle Mikkelborg
- Producer: Marie Bro
- Production: Dansk Tegnefilm (DK)
- Support From: The Danish Filminstitute, Statens Filmcentral, Undervisningsministeriets Mediekontor, Cartoon
- International Sales: Dansk Tegnefilm 2 ApS
- Filmsite DFI: DFI
Havets sang (1993)
Song of the sea
Silke just loves water. She loves to bathe and to swim like a fish. As a matter of fact, she only feels fit and well when she is in the water. This is because she has an eczema which gives her a nasty itching. Her father and mother are worried about her and brings her to the doctor’s, who finds that she is an allergic.
But strange things happen, and a dolphin, a dog and an old, long ago deceased pirate-grandfather emerges in the story.
This is because Silk is not like other children – especially not when she hears the song from the sea.
“Song from the Sea” is based on the book Silke written by Bent Haller in 1991 – it is a poetic and fine animation for children at the age from six years.