“Lili” – Official Selection Berlinale 2016
Siri Melchior’s colourful films about the everyday adventures of Lili are invited to the Berlin Film Festival’s shorts competition for children’s film, Generation Kplus. Lili is a series of films based on book written by Kim Fupz Aakeson and illustrated by Siri Melchior.
- Cirkeline – Sofus på flyvetur (1968)CIRCLEEN – SOFUS GOES FLYING Circleen and the mice are going to fly a kite, but the smallest of the mice, called Sofus, flies away as the kitestring brakes. Luckily, he meets the small forest-elf who conjures him home. Cirkeline og musene skal sætte en ny drage op, men den mindste mus, Sofus, flyver væk, […]
- Rita og Krokodille (2014)RITA AND CROCODILE »Rita and Crocodile« is a series of 5 min. films about being 4 years old and about the friendship between Rita and her best friend Crocodile. Rita is a small, very determined girl. She has a very hungry friend, Crocodile, who lives in the bathtub. Most probably, Crocodile only exists in Rita’s imagination, […]
- Cirkeline – Ost og Kærlighed (2000)Circleen – Mice & Romance Circleen – Mice & Romance or the story of Mouserella The rags-to-riches tale of small, short-sighted Mille and Ingolf, her white knight. As it isn’t Circleen’s birthday today, nor that of her mouse chums, they decide to have a non-birthday party. They meet a tiny, terribly short-sighted mouse named Mille, […]
- Krig og kager (2005)War and Peas A story about the fat king and his people who have plenty of food, while the animals are starving after the drought has set in. And about how the animals succeeded in making the fat men share.
- Cirkeline – Storbyens mus (1998)Circleen – City Mice Circleen is moving to town with her two friends Ingolf and Fredrik. They meet city mouse Sisse who knows the secrets of the city and who lives alone with her granddad and her kid brother Viktor on a ship in the harbour. And then there is Hassan, a turkish mouse, and his […]
- Aberne og det Hemmelige Våben (1995)The Secret Weapon The two monkey families, Weismüller and Attila fear each other. That they actually are out of the same family does no one know, because their separation is caused by a terrible war, which only the oldest are able to remember. It was the secret weapon, which caused the accident – a weapon, which destryos […]
- Lili (2015)To some people Lili seems small. They are wrong. Lili is big enough for really many things and she wants more than she can and is allowed to. You never know what can happen, because Lili has her own way of doing everything. Lili is not put back when she doesn’t succeed, and you can […]
- Cirkeline på ferie (1970)CIRCLEENS HOLIDAY Circleen goes on holiday to Mallorca together with the artist. She smuggles the mouse Frederic with her, in their luggage. On Mallorca they meet the mouse Pablo who later on is taken captive by the evil cat, Franco. Circleen and Frederic sets free Pablo, neutralizes the cat and then they are invited by […]
- Hollow Land (2013)Watch trailer A story about the eternal human search for home, Hollow Land begins, as all such searches must, with the dream of utopia. Solomon and Berta are two seekers who arrive—their treasured bathtub improbably in tow—in a land that promises respite from their many journeys. From the first optimistic moments after their arrival, to […]
- Clemens – Flammende Oprør (2005)Music video produced for Mc Clemens – probably one of the best among Danish rappers. With “Flammende oprør” (“Flaming rebellion”) from his album “Dance with death”, Clemens is walking the impossible tightrope as he presents his relation to his ex without the word cliché ever touching our minds. It is brutally honest and in some moments even […]
- Fuglekrigen i Kanøfleskoven (1990)War of the Birds An owl, two sparrows, a dove and a pair of would-be aviator mice join forces to fight against an evil bird of prey who threatens the peace in their lovely forest. The idyll in the forest is always under threat from the grim raptor Fagin, but the two small birds Oliver and Olivia […]
- Havets sang (1993)Song of the sea Silke just loves water. She loves to bathe and to swim like a fish. As a matter of fact, she only feels fit and well when she is in the water. This is because she has an eczema which gives her a nasty itching. Her father and mother are worried about […]
- Tango Jalousie (1996)An elegant, visual interpretation of Jacob Gade’s Tango Jalousie from 1925, which axpresses passionately the drama of jealousy. An elderly violinist strikes the tune and he dances over the screen as a young man. People meet, hearts on fire, rejection and defeat, maturity and tranquility.
- Fløjteløs (2010)Whistleless A short and musical story about a little bird’s attempt to learn to whistle. The film is based on the directors own failed attempts at learning how to whistle. Watch trailer
- Hvordan det videre gik den grimme ælling (82)The Futher Adventure of the Ugly Duckling The film starts off where Hans Christian Andersens tale ends. A humorous animation film about heritage and environment, and about the problems for a grown-up duckling who changes social class and status. May be, it may still matter whether you have been in a swan’s egg, in case […]
- Strit og Stumme (1987)Subway to Paradise Strit and her friends live in the future where the Earth has become so polluted that they must live underground. As legend has it, a creature that “Walks on Air” will guide them to a place where there are blue skies and green meadows.Set in a world so ravaged by pollution that […]
- Hund og fisk (2001)Dog & Fish The story of an impossible love affair involving a fish and a dog, but also of the true love of a dog for a fish who perhaps merely exploits the faithful canine, and of the way a broken heart may be mended by a new, life-affirming passion.
- Cirkeline – Den fremmede (1968)CIRCLEEN – THE STRANGER Circleen and the mice have a visitor, the foreign mouse called Alfredo. As it turns out he is able to conjure and play theatre. They rehearse “Red riding hood” and Alfredo succeeds in making the cat take part in the play. Cirkeline og musene får besøg af en udenlandsk mus, Alfredo, […]
- Cirkeline, Månen er en gul ost (1970)CIRCLEEN – THE MOON IS A YELLOW CHEESE Circleen and the mice have made a space ship together – they want to bring the big, yellow cheese – the moon – down to earth. Cirkeline og musene har bygget en rumraket for at hente den store, gule ost, månen, ned til jorden.
- Cirkeline – På med vanten (1968)CIRCLEEN – THE SNOW MOUSE Circleen and the mice – Ingolf and Frederic – are playing in the snow. They build a “snowmouse” by which they finally succeed in chasing off the cat. Cirkeline og musene Ingolf og Frederik er ude at lege i sneen. De bygger en snemus, som det til sidst lykkes dem […]
- Cirkeline – Åh, sik’en dejlig fødselsdag (1968)CIRCLEEN – OH, WHAT A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY Circleen is a small, choppy elf who lives in a match-box on the artists table. It is her birthday and the mice come to visit her. They all have birthday cake and run into some ‘accidents’ which, however, do not disturb their animated spirits – except for the […]
- Cykelmyggen og Minibillen (2014)Mini and the Mozzies The mini beetle Mini appears in a flea circus together with Egon and Dagmar. The flea-girl Miranda bullies Mini and tricks him into interfering in Dagmar’s line dancing, making her fall and sprain her foot. Deeply ashamed, Mini runs away and meets a gang of robbers. The gang is led by […]
- Birdland (1995)“APRIL IN PARIS”. One of the gems in the history of jazz is Venon Duke’s April in Paris, immortalized by Count Basie and his Orchestra. Jannik Hastrup interpretes lively and bubblingly April in Paris – completely in his own line and style. “OVER THE RAINBOW”. Art Tatum plays ”Over the rainbow” on his piano. Outside […]
- Samson & Sally (1984)Samson is a young whale that doesn’t have friends. He spends his time listening to his mother’s stories about the legendary whale Moby Dick. Samson becomes fascinated about it and decides to go on a journey to find Moby Dick. Watch clip Watch clip
- Cirkeline – Højt for træets grønne top (1970)CIRCLEENS CHRISTMAS It is Christmas and the mice and Circleen are making Christmas gifts, baking cakes and finally they go out to find a Christmas tree. They get lost in the snow storm, but a small goblin-elf helps them after which they can all be together for the big Christmas party. Det er jul, og […]
- Cirkeline – Kanonfotografen Frederik (1970)CIRCLEEN – FREDDIE THE CAMERA BUG The mouse Frederic finds a camera and leaves in order to make films of the different animals. After many dangerous events he comes home and he is told that there is no film in the camera. Luckily, the designer has made a film about Frederic and the spectators do […]
- HC Andersen og den skæve skygge (1998)Hans Christian Andersen and the long shadow Hans Christian Andersens fairytale “The Shadow” provides together with his diaries the basis for the first animated feature about the poet who had to suffer so much in his struggle for fame. The interplay between Andersen and his unruly shadow contains both humor and drama, and brings us […]
- Shaman (2007)Utaaq, an old Inuit, is at a bus stop in Copenhagen when he spots a bird from his native Greenland above his head: a rare visitor to theese climes. It reminds him of his youth: as a young hunter he discovers that a mountain wanderer is using a Tupilak for killing local hunters. Tupilaks are […]
- Asylbarn (2013)ASYLUM CHILD … In three animated short films, Solén, Jamila and Tefik talk about their lives as refugees at camps in Denmark. They describe the waiting, their friendships, their yearnings, dreams and hopes. They want to be kids instead of asylum kids. We get their take on their situation in a new country. They describe major […]
- Cirkeline og verdens mindste superhelt (2004)Circleen – Little Big Mouse Circleen goes on holiday to Turkey with her artist. Her chums Ingolf, Fredrik, and Viktor decide to go to see her, and stow away on board granddad’s ship, where they meet another stowaway, the tough, fearless mouse Ali, who has set off into the world in search of happiness. Our […]