NOTHING HAPPENS – A virtual reality experience
directed by Michelle and Uri Kranot. Exhibition at Charlottenborg during CPH:DOX, 17-26/3. READ MORE ………….
NOTHING HAPPENS is both a cinematic and Virtual Reality experience which questions the role of the spectator, by inviting the individual to participate in an event. The film is an observation and an invitation for contemplation while VR allows us to choose our perspective, allows us to dwell on the details and absorb the unique atmosphere. The project explores a new kind of narrative, a new way of being in a painting, a work of art that is truly comprehensive and immersive. NOTHING HAPPENS offers a new way of looking. It is about spectatorship, about watching and being watched. It is about being present.
SYNOPSIS: It’s freezing cold on the outskirts of town. Yet people gather. We watch them form a row across the horizon. We all wait for something to happen. However, nothing does… We have been assembled to witness an event. To participate in being seen. The spectacle of watching and being watched.
- Hvordan det videre gik den grimme ælling (82)The Futher Adventure of the Ugly Duckling The film starts off where Hans Christian Andersens tale ends. A humorous animation film about heritage and environment, and about the problems for a grown-up duckling who changes social class and status. May be, it may still matter whether you have been in a swan’s egg, in case […]
- Cirkeline – Højt for træets grønne top (1970)CIRCLEENS CHRISTMAS It is Christmas and the mice and Circleen are making Christmas gifts, baking cakes and finally they go out to find a Christmas tree. They get lost in the snow storm, but a small goblin-elf helps them after which they can all be together for the big Christmas party. Det er jul, og […]
- Drengen der ville gøre det umulige (2002)The boy who wanted to be a bear In a den in the fells a polar bear gives birth to a cub – but the cub is stillborn. In a cabin some way off a woman bears a strong and healthy boy. The polar bear is so grief-stricken at the loss of her cub that […]
- Cirkeline, Månen er en gul ost (1970)CIRCLEEN – THE MOON IS A YELLOW CHEESE Circleen and the mice have made a space ship together – they want to bring the big, yellow cheese – the moon – down to earth. Cirkeline og musene har bygget en rumraket for at hente den store, gule ost, månen, ned til jorden.
- Krig og kager (2005)War and Peas A story about the fat king and his people who have plenty of food, while the animals are starving after the drought has set in. And about how the animals succeeded in making the fat men share.
- Nothing Happens (2017)NOTHING HAPPENS is both a cinematic and Virtual Reality experience which questions the role of the spectator, by inviting the individual to participate in an event. The film is an observation and an invitation for contemplation while VR allows us to choose our perspective, allows us to dwell on the details and absorb the unique atmosphere. The […]
- Strit og Stumme (1987)Subway to Paradise Strit and her friends live in the future where the Earth has become so polluted that they must live underground. As legend has it, a creature that “Walks on Air” will guide them to a place where there are blue skies and green meadows.Set in a world so ravaged by pollution that […]
- Rita og Krokodille (2014-17)RITA AND CROCODILE »Rita and Crocodile« is a series of 5 min. films about being 4 years old and about the friendship between Rita and her best friend Crocodile. Rita is a small, very determined girl. She has a very hungry friend, Crocodile, who lives in the bathtub. Most probably, Crocodile only exists in Rita’s imagination, […]
- Pipungerne (2009)The Tweetlings MICE IN A ROW Saxe can count. So when Sille and Saxe take on the job of minding Vigga’s brothers and sisters Saxe reckons it will be easy-peasy: they can simply count them. Unfortunately none of the mice is willing to stand still long enough to be counted and suddenly they have all […]
- Cirkeline – Ost og Kærlighed (2000)Circleen – Mice & Romance Circleen – Mice & Romance or the story of Mouserella The rags-to-riches tale of small, short-sighted Mille and Ingolf, her white knight. As it isn’t Circleen’s birthday today, nor that of her mouse chums, they decide to have a non-birthday party. They meet a tiny, terribly short-sighted mouse named Mille, […]
- Cirkeline på ferie (1970)CIRCLEENS HOLIDAY Circleen goes on holiday to Mallorca together with the artist. She smuggles the mouse Frederic with her, in their luggage. On Mallorca they meet the mouse Pablo who later on is taken captive by the evil cat, Franco. Circleen and Frederic sets free Pablo, neutralizes the cat and then they are invited by […]
- Hollow Land (2013)Watch trailer A story about the eternal human search for home, Hollow Land begins, as all such searches must, with the dream of utopia. Solomon and Berta are two seekers who arrive—their treasured bathtub improbably in tow—in a land that promises respite from their many journeys. From the first optimistic moments after their arrival, to […]
- HC Andersen og den skæve skygge (1998)Hans Christian Andersen and the long shadow Hans Christian Andersens fairytale “The Shadow” provides together with his diaries the basis for the first animated feature about the poet who had to suffer so much in his struggle for fame. The interplay between Andersen and his unruly shadow contains both humor and drama, and brings us […]
- Fløjteløs (2009)Whistleless A short and musical story about a little bird’s attempt to learn to whistle. The film is based on the directors own failed attempts at learning how to whistle. Watch trailer
- Lili (2015)To some people Lili seems small. They are wrong. Lili is big enough for really many things and she wants more than she can and is allowed to. You never know what can happen, because Lili has her own way of doing everything. Lili is not put back when she doesn’t succeed, and you can […]
- Birdland (1995)“APRIL IN PARIS”. One of the gems in the history of jazz is Venon Duke’s April in Paris, immortalized by Count Basie and his Orchestra. Jannik Hastrup interpretes lively and bubblingly April in Paris – completely in his own line and style. “OVER THE RAINBOW”. Art Tatum plays ”Over the rainbow” on his piano. Outside […]
- Fuglekrigen i Kanøfleskoven (1990)War of the Birds An owl, two sparrows, a dove and a pair of would-be aviator mice join forces to fight against an evil bird of prey who threatens the peace in their lovely forest. The idyll in the forest is always under threat from the grim raptor Fagin, but the two small birds Oliver and Olivia […]
- Cirkeline – Sofus på flyvetur (1968)CIRCLEEN – SOFUS GOES FLYING Circleen and the mice are going to fly a kite, but the smallest of the mice, called Sofus, flies away as the kitestring brakes. Luckily, he meets the small forest-elf who conjures him home. Cirkeline og musene skal sætte en ny drage op, men den mindste mus, Sofus, flyver væk, […]
- Clemens – Flammende Oprør (2005)Music video produced for Mc Clemens – probably one of the best among Danish rappers. With “Flammende oprør” (“Flaming rebellion”) from his album “Dance with death”, Clemens is walking the impossible tightrope as he presents his relation to his ex without the word cliché ever touching our minds. It is brutally honest and in some moments even […]
- Cirkeline – Storbyens mus (1998)Circleen – City Mice Circleen is moving to town with her two friends Ingolf and Fredrik. They meet city mouse Sisse who knows the secrets of the city and who lives alone with her granddad and her kid brother Viktor on a ship in the harbour. And then there is Hassan, a turkish mouse, and his […]
- Hund og fisk (2001)Dog & Fish The story of an impossible love affair involving a fish and a dog, but also of the true love of a dog for a fish who perhaps merely exploits the faithful canine, and of the way a broken heart may be mended by a new, life-affirming passion.
- Samson & Sally (1984)Samson is a young whale that doesn’t have friends. He spends his time listening to his mother’s stories about the legendary whale Moby Dick. Samson becomes fascinated about it and decides to go on a journey to find Moby Dick. Watch clip Watch clip
- Cirkeline – 2 + 2 = 5 (1968)CIRCLEEN – 2 + 2 = 5 Circleen is a teacher for the mice. They go for an exciting journey and they meet a small elf. Cirkeline leger lærer for musene, og de tager på en spændende udflugt og møder en lille alf.
- Cirkeline – Kanonfotografen Frederik (1970)CIRCLEEN – FREDDIE THE CAMERA BUG The mouse Frederic finds a camera and leaves in order to make films of the different animals. After many dangerous events he comes home and he is told that there is no film in the camera. Luckily, the designer has made a film about Frederic and the spectators do […]
- Bennys Badekar (1971)Benny’s Bathtub This classic animation film which is created by the veterans Jannik Hastrup and Flemming Quist Møller has been nominated a part of the Danish cultural heritage. The film deals with the boy Benny, who is bored by living in the high-rise building and with parents who have never had the time to talk […]
- Asylbarn (2013)ASYLUM CHILD … In three animated short films, Solén, Jamila and Tefik talk about their lives as refugees at camps in Denmark. They describe the waiting, their friendships, their yearnings, dreams and hopes. They want to be kids instead of asylum kids. We get their take on their situation in a new country. They describe major […]
- Tango Jalousie (1996)An elegant, visual interpretation of Jacob Gade’s Tango Jalousie from 1925, which axpresses passionately the drama of jealousy. An elderly violinist strikes the tune and he dances over the screen as a young man. People meet, hearts on fire, rejection and defeat, maturity and tranquility.
- Cykelmyggen og dansemyggen (2007)A Tale of two mozzies Dagmar the dancing mosquito is mad about dancing and has the hots for Egon. But Egon is mad about achieving the ultimate sprint on his bike and wants to see the world. Love will have to wait until he has put away childish things, he reckons. When wicked red ant […]
- Cirkeline – Åh, sik’en dejlig fødselsdag (1968)CIRCLEEN – OH, WHAT A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY Circleen is a small, choppy elf who lives in a match-box on the artists table. It is her birthday and the mice come to visit her. They all have birthday cake and run into some ‘accidents’ which, however, do not disturb their animated spirits – except for the […]
- Cirkeline – På med vanten (1968)CIRCLEEN – THE SNOW MOUSE Circleen and the mice – Ingolf and Frederic – are playing in the snow. They build a “snowmouse” by which they finally succeed in chasing off the cat. Cirkeline og musene Ingolf og Frederik er ude at lege i sneen. De bygger en snemus, som det til sidst lykkes dem […]