- Danish Title: BIRDLAND
- English Title: BIRDLAND
- Release: 1995
- Running Time: 4 x 5 min.
- Category: Short Series / Animation
- Audience: 5+
- Format: 16mm / Beta SP / 1:1.66 / Stereo
- Language: No dialogue
- Director: Jannik Hastrup
- Screenplay: Jannik Hastrup
- Producer: Marie Bro
- Production: Dansk Tegnefilm Kompagni (DK)
- Support From: Statens Filmcentral
- International Sales: Dansk Tegnefilm 2 ApS
- Filmsite DFI: Link to DFI filmsite
"APRIL IN PARIS". One of the gems in the history of jazz is Venon Duke’s April in Paris, immortalized by Count Basie and his Orchestra. Jannik Hastrup interpretes lively and bubblingly April in Paris – completely in his own line and style. "OVER THE RAINBOW". Art Tatum plays ”Over the rainbow” on his piano. Outside the rain stops and his two birds escape from their cages and fly away to the rainbow. An animated fantasy coupled with artistry of Art Tatum. "DREAM A LITTLE DREAM OF ME". A duet between the fat and dangerous cat, sung by Ella Firzgerald and the bird, sung by Louis Armastrongs with his characteristic hoarse voice. "A NIGHT IN TUNISIA". Dizzy Gillespie’s brilliant trumpet is making up to nightly mysteries in the gleam of the half-moon where two courting flamingos are dancing while a grumpy parrot wants peace and quiet for his night’s sleep.